- Building Scientific Literacy,
powerpoint, keynote talk at AAPT regional meeting, Oct
- Global warming powerpoint talk.
- Two-photon interferometry illuminates quantum measurements, submitted for publication
- There are no particles, there are only fields, to be published in Am J Phys.
- Teaching quantum nonlocality, The
Physics Teacher, May 2012, 270-273.
- Writing for non-scientists about physics,
The Physics Teacher, May 2011, pp. 298-299.
- Teaching quantum
The Physics Teacher, October 2011, pp. 434-437.
- A better
way to increase physics majors: greater emphasis on concepts,
FEd Newsletter, Summer 2010, pp. 9-11.
- Teaching elementary
particle physics, Part I, The Physics Teacher, Jan 2011, pp.
- Teaching elementary particle physics,
Part II, The Physics
Teacher, Mar 2011, pp. 136-138.
- Review: J Hansen's Storms
of my Grandchildren, Physics
& Society, July 2010, pp. 22-23.
- What the world needs
now: scientific literacy, Purdue University
College of Science "Insights" magazine, Spring 2010
- The plausibility of
global warming, The Physics Teacher, Jan 2010,
- Response to "The Scandal of
Quantum Mechanics," Am J Phys, Apr 2009, p. 293.
- The surprising effectiveness of college
scientific literacy courses, The Physics Teacher, Oct 2008,
- Winning the Climate Race, Physics & Society,
- Comments on Rosenblum & Kuttner's book Quantum Enigma, and responses,
Am J Phys, Oct 2007, pp. 869-870.
- Unintelligent Design, Interactions,
Mar/Apr 2007, pp. 23-24.
- Resource Letter PSEn-1:
Physics and Society: Energy, Am J Phys, Apr 2007, pp. 294-308
- Teaching quantum physics without paradoxes,
The Physics Teacher, Feb 2007, pp. 96-99
- Science Literacy and Backward Priorities,
The Physics Teacher, Nov 2006, pp. 488-489
- Physics For All, AAPT
Millikan Lecture, presented July 2006, pub in Am J Phys, Dec 2006,
- Science and Society: we're not paying
our dues, The Physics Teacher, Apr 2006, pp. 255-256
- Electrons as field quanta: a better
way to teach quantum physics, Am J of Physics, Jul 2005, 630-634.
- Teaching E = mc^2: mass without mass,
The Physics Teacher, .Feb 2005, pp. 80-82
- Review: Science Literacy in 21st
Century, Physics In Perspective, Sep 2004
- Words Matter, APS Forum
on Education Newsletter, Summer 2004, pp. 2-4
- Energy and Work: the meaning of
energy, The Physics Teacher, May 2004, p. 260
- Review: Climate Protection Strategies
for 21st Century, Physics & Society, Apr 2004
flow diagrams for teaching physics concepts, in
The Physics Teacher, Feb 2004, pp. 113-117
- Evidence that science literacy courses
have significant national impact, APS Forum on Educ
Newslett, Sum 2003, 10-12
- The population game, pub. in The
Physics Teacher, Apr 2003, pp. 227-233
- Physics literacy, energy, and the environment,
pub. in Physics
Education, Mar 2003, pp. 109-114
- Advanced placement reexamined, Physics
Today, Dec 2002, p. 12
- Enlivening introductory physics with
SETI, pub. in The Physics
Teacher, Oct 2001, pp. 436-44.
- Growth in undergraduate physics at
the University of Arkansas, APS Forum on Education Newsletter,
Spring 2001, pp. 26-27
- Teaching relevant science for scientific
literacy, J of College Science Teaching, Dec 2000, pp. 238-243